The Wyoming Pilot's Association (WyoPA) Founded in 2006 exists to promote safety, education, and informational programs throughout the State of Wyoming. The Association also exists to promote airport development, quality, and accessibility and to promote or oppose by organizing, lobbying, or any other effective means, any laws, rules, or regulations that affect General Aviation.
Goals of the WyoPA
- Promote Private and Commercial Aviation
- Protect the Rights and Privileges of Pilots
- Carry on Education Programs for Public Benefit
- Promote Feeling of Fraternalism Among Pilots
- Instill Respect amongst Pilots for State and Federal Regulations
- Promote Flying Safe
- Aid in Search and Rescue
- Assist in State and Local Service Projects
- Encourage New Pilots to Pursue aviation goals
WyoPA Represents General Aviation:
- Monitoring general aviation issues in the state legislature
- Active co-sponsor of the annual Wyoming Aviation Conference
- Our representative on the Wyoming Aeronautics Board
- Membership to the Aviation Organizations of Wyoming
- Representing general aviation on airport usage and development committees throughout the state
WyoPA Promotes Flying Safety by:
Working toward the equitable and safe use of airspace by commercial, military and general aviation.
Ensuring the viewpoint of general aviation is heard during the planning of aviation facilities.
Supporting and participating in FAA safety seminars
Encouraging the installation, relocation, and improvement of air traffic control and weather reporting facilities
Reviewing and commenting on FAA, state and local proposals that affect airspace use.
Introduce or support legislation beneficial to aviation, campaign against laws that are not.
Benefits of Membership
When you join the Wyoming Pilot's Association you become part of a larger voice for general aviation in Wyoming.
Specifically you gain:
Membership in an organization that represents your general aviation interests.
Subscription to a quarterly newsletter that includes a calendar of aviation events and Hangar reports from around the state, as well as keeping you informed on issues important to Wyoming Pilots.
Representation at the local, state and national levels on aviation issues.
3904 Central Ave., Ste A #113
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Website Contents © 2011-2014 All Rights Reserved